Testing & Tagging
If No, call today to book in your testing & tagging.
CALL 0420 649 824
OH&S and AS/NZS 3760:2010
If you are an employer or self employed, you have a duty of care to ensure that employees and visitors to the workplace are safe from risk to health and injury. You must manage any risks surrounding electrical hazards.
AS/NZS 3760 “In Service Safety Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment” is acknowledged as the minimum safety requirement for workplaces. This standard applies to all types of electrical appliances including power boards and leads in offices, factories and workshops (for example, kettles, microwaves, power tools, computers, fans).
AS/NZS 3760:2010 outlines the frequency of inspection and testing which should be used in relation to risk assessment.
- Factories, workshops, places of manufacture, maintenance/fabrication
- Environment where the equipment or supply flexible cord is subject to flexing in normal use or is open to abuse or is in a hostile environment
- Equipment used for commercial cleaning
- Tools & Equipment on building sites
- Switchboards & Subboards on building sites
WHAT IS A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT?
When electrical equipment is used in a workplace where mechanical damage could occur or where it may be damaged by exposure to vibration, dust, moisture, heat or corrosive substances.
EXAMPLES OF A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
Electrical equipment used in dusty or wet areas, commercial kitchens, outdoors, construction sites, factory and workshop environments used for repair, assembly, manufacturing, fabrication or refurbishment.
A copy of AS/NZS 3760:2010 can be obtained from www.saiglobal.com